Saturday, September 24, 2011

Product Review for BabyGanics Healin' Groovey Non-Petroleum Protective Ointment

*I am not renumerated for my use or review of this product*

I have to say, first and foremost, the number one thing I like about this company is it's committment to quality. This product is fragrance free, contains no parabens, no sulfates, no phthalates, no toxins, no petroleum, no mineral oil, no artificial colors, nut products, glutens, or perfumes. I can pronounce everything in this product, from coconut oil, jojoba oil, lanolin on down, the ingredients look safe enough to eat. Secondly, I liked that this product comes in a big ol' tub! I hate getting the last bit out of a tube. Thirdly, this is useable. It has a pleasant texture that spreads easily. Fourth, it works with cloth diapers. That may sound odd, but if you have cloth diapered long, you realize that petroleum based barrier creams to prevent diaper rash, absorb into cloth diapers and reduce the absorbability of the diaper. This doesn't do that. It also washes out clean on the first rinse. Fifth, it works. One of my children in particular is prone to diaper rash when he wears cloth diapers at night. This completely prevents the rash from ever appearing. If I happen to forget to apply it, well, it helps clear it up pretty quickly too. Overall, I absolutely LOVE this product and give it 5 stars. I burnt myself today, and found it very soothing as well! The only draw back I can see is the cost. When I looked this product up online...well, there was sticker shock. This can be reduced by buying the big ol' ub instead of the tiny tube. Let's face it, if you have a baby, you'll be changing diapers for awhile, you'll use it. Also, you can subscribe to have it sent automatically at a specified interval at a lower rate. This brings it down to about 98 cents an ounce, which seems like a deal to me for the quality of the product. It can be purchased by following this link: http://www.amazon.com/Babyganics-Non-Petroleum-Protective-Ointment-15-Ounce/dp/B004BYUQJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316917162&sr=8-1 I think this would make a fantastic baby shower gift basket item for any mom to be.

1 comment:

  1. my mother has been bedridden and overcoming a decubitus ulcer stage IV on her coccyx..she is allergic to anything latex and hot..this ointment has helped her maintain a barrier with her skin and the diaper..and her rash, after all the corisone, benadryl, caladryl, desiting, and all of them was workded wonders..not only does she not break out, but the integrity of her sensitive skin has astonished the nurses.!! thanks babyganics..I found this at walgreens, and they have a sale going on..the tub goes a long long way

    ReplyDelete