Friday, September 23, 2011

A Poem I Wrote for My Young Friends

She is an always happy beauty,
who is really very sad.
Who is always in LOVE
with those who treat her bad.
And she thinks they'll make her feel good,
but inside she's empty still
aways reaching out and longing
for what only he can fill.
But she must not know who He is
who will make her lovely still
and she wont see what is happening
and I pray one day she will...

See the little birds all around you
but know that they're not yours
hold on to it loosely
do no harm
and watch it soar

Oh little bird
I want you
I'll break your wings
so you can't fly
little bird then you'll need me
and when you heal
you'll still be mine
and though you may not like it
living in your cage
I'll call it love and I will keep you
into our old age

See the butterfly in the garden
fleeting beauty
gracing your eyes
Snuff it's life and pin it down
kept forever
there she lies.

I call it love and admiration
under glass and on display
and I'll look at you in wonder
and never let you play

Wild flower in the meadow
swaying in a breeze
I'll cut you down
so I can own you
and press you as I please
and my eyes will rest upon you
the pretty object I have made
from what used to be living
now useless and afraid

That's what they do to beauty
void it of it's essence
and keep the empty shell
long after the grace has left
and the dance is long done
you don't care what you have wasted
so long as she's your own

I can not mend the wings
of a bird that will not fly
I can't unpin the monarch
and return it to the sky
and I can not plant the flower
you cut off from her base
and she can not keep on thriving
in this dieing place

So say
"I need ressurection
I need my miracle
I need to put down roots
in places that I know
I need to be connected
to my loving source
till I can not contain it
and life comes spilling forth"

I can't do it for you
but I will tell you what is true
and when you are ready
I'll stand up next to you
and when you are weary
temptations will not end
but I will hold you up in truth
and say that I'm your friend.

Life can be so busy
you hear so many voices
But choose to hear what matters
and make some better choices

No comments:

Post a Comment