Sunday, August 28, 2011

Seeking Solitude and Silence in a Busy Wired World...

My life is busy. It is noisy. My nerves are fried and I need to cultivate silence and meditation if it is ever going to happen. It wont happen by chance. My kids nap...long naps and all at the same time, they go to bed early. My lack of quiet is my own doing. I need to shut everything off and deal with the things in my mind that I don't want to deal with, to sit in the uncomfortable silence, and be with God. I thought I could do that in a weekend, I can't. I am signing off, though I anticipate returning to blogging and facebooking and texting at some future date. The cell phones are off, the ringer is off on the phone, and I'll be offline. The radio is off, and there hasn't been a TV in 8 years. I will check home phone messages and return calls on an as needed basis. So, I'll be back online again when I can rest comfortably inside my own mind, when I don't need the activity to drown out my thought anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment