Saturday, August 20, 2011

Love Poems that I Can Relate Too...


A Love Poem from My Text Message Outbox

How do I love you?
Let me count the ways...
I love you to the height and depth my soul can reach.
I love you like my last pancake.

My heart is melted,
unto the likeness of butter,
atop your last pancake.

I love you jealously,
with a love like a girl has
for her brother's silly bands.

I long for you
like a toddler for his stuffed cat
I miss you
like a new mother misses her sleep.

As a crying baby
left in her swing alone
I want your arms around me.

Your empty side of the bed
stings like being snapped by a rubber snake
verily,
even like a whiffle bat to the face.

Comfort me with raisins,
cheerios and fishy crackers
for I am faint with love.

My love for you knows no limits,
like a fat man at Sam's Club
like a child with scotch tape
even as an old dutch woman
at a sample booth.

You have filled my life with joy
as a toddler who runs his own bath water
It overflows from inside me
to the home around us.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I want to see more of your poetry! :-) -kathy mcrae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just started writing again, and everything I had previously written was rather dark and/or disturbing. I discovered I can't do dark and disturbing anymore, it just wont come out of me in any genuine sounding fashion. I took this as a good sign. (: So, maybe, I'll write some more poetry soon.

    ReplyDelete